Re: Tomboy replacement

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 21:07 -0500, Mark Fink wrote:
> Then sticky notes needs to replace Tomboy as the official GNOME notes
> program because it is stupid to allow MONO into GNOME.

"Stupid" is nothing more than an opinion (and a self-descriptive one, at
that). Thankfully, most of F/OSS is founded on opinion, and you're quite
free to package it for your distribution of choice without any Mono bits
included.

> This only helps M$ destroy Linux!
> Don't you see!? You are just helping Microvell poison Linux so that
> they can control it and/or attack it with patents.

For what it's worth, when Mono stuff was packaged for Fedora around the
FC5 timeframe, it went through a lot of debate with Red Hat's legal
team. They are extremely good at what they do, and very careful about
licensing issues for Fedora. If they say that its patent concerns are
negligible for us, then I am quite apt to trust them on it. :)

> Anyone who doesn't
> see this is a retard.

Using childlish references (such as "M$" and "Microvell") is immature
and does nothing to further your point. Likewise, name-calling will
always strongly discredit your argument, irrelevant to whether or not
you are correct.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479