Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2008, à 10:52 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann a écrit :
> > Does this sound like a good plan?
>
> Sounds like a bad plan, 'cause DOAP looks like horrible bloat to me.
> No chance that I'd support such a file. Would move to another SVN
> server, before I'd even consider touching this crap.
>
> MAINTAINERS is good: It has a clear purpose and a simple format.
>
> DOAP just is bloated file format with no real purpose, well and guess
> that's the reason for DOAP not taking off.

Mathias, can you elaborate on why this would be a problem for you? I
mean, the files would be automatically created and mostly automatically
updated, according to Olav's plan.

While MAINTAINERS is good, there would be more data usable for more
things (Olav already gave some examples). So just saying "no, it looks
like horrible bloat" is not really convincing.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.