Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21

Hi Luca,

Op woensdag 23-01-2008 om 14:57 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Luca
Ferretti:

> I've one: click on some link pointing to non-managed target, download
> the target, auto-open $HOME/Downloads folder --> Result: nautilus shows
> an error alert saying is unable to find
> "/home/user/file://home/user/Downloads/" - and it's right :-)

I haven't seen any bugzilla mail about this; if you haven't done so yet,
please file a bug.

> >  I do not like having to write the address in
> > the location bar to have it accessible on the Desktop
> Try this:
>  * open smb://network/resource

Cosimo was right when he said he doesn't like to write an address in the
location bar. By default, Nautilus doesn't even show one, and until now,
GNOME users didn't have to because of the Connect to Server dialog. If
that dialog would disappear, it would really be a painful regression.

If "network mounts" can be re-implemented as bookmarks, I'm fine with
that, but they should still be visually discernable from regular folders
as is currently the case in the Location menu.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen
http://vanschouwen.info/