Re: thinking about our existing users

on., 09.07.2008 kl. 08.15 +0200, skrev Vincent Untz:
> Le mardi 08 juillet 2008, à 17:27 -0500, Travis Watkins a écrit :
> > On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > > I'm a bit surprised that it breaks menu editing, though. Or does it
> > > "only" break stuff as in "users apparently lose their changes" (which is
> > > still bad)?
> > >

> > The per-user changes to the menu itself will be lost if you change the
> > filename and the contents will be lost if you change the actual name
> > of the menu (not the display name). Actually, worse than that, I think
> > the users will get the new stuff and parts of their changes next to it
> > if you changed the names.
>
> Are you talking about .menu files or .directory files here?
>
> As far as I can tell, the issue is with display names of "submenus" (ie,
> .directory files) for which user changes are lost. I'd like to know
> about the other issues.
>
> (or maybe I'm not understanding your mail because I just woke up, but a
> clarification would still help me :-))

My original issue was that some of my submenus are not localized on my
rawhide system even though these translations have been at 100% for
every release since I can remember.

Applications->Accessories
Applications->Games
Applications->Internet
Applications->Multimedia
Applications->Other
System->Preferences

That is, if this is the same issue I reported in Fedora's bugzilla :-)

Cheers
Kjartan