Re: External Deps: Minimal Python dependency

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
How many of these features are critical for the GNOME modules written
in python? We all like new stuff, but _at the moment_ python 2.5 is
not mainstream everywhere, so -1 for me as long as new features can be
added using external modules for 2.4.

Yea I agree, the new features are nice to have but not critical. The only real argument against 2.4 is that it is in "security-fix-only mode" with no more planned maintenance releases[1]; but which is probably fine.

[1] http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.4.5/

Thanks,
-Damien