Re: Name vs GenericName (again)

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

> I don't care where they get translated (either in the desktop files, or
> in some library).

 + when using GenericName, then define Name as "name of the app +
  generic name" or "GNOME + generic name". Eg: "Totem Movie Player" or
  "GNOME Movie Player". We do this for translators, since we cannot
  automatically concatenate the name and the generic name.

This part of your proposal was particularly unclear.

- what do you suggest the panel to find in the desktop file
- what do you suggest the panel pass to translators for translating ?