Re: Proposal: enable accessibility by default for GNOME

On jeu, 2008-07-31 at 11:32 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
> 4) Keep it off by default.  Provide some sort of "refresh this session"
> support that keeps the user logged in, but basically kills everything on
> the desktop and restarts gnome-session.  With this, users would have the
> similar "you must enable accessibility support" experience that they
> have today, but they wouldn't need to log out and log back in.  Note
> also that this should probably be coupled with the user experience for
> selecting the automatic start of an assistive technology when the
> session starts.

Why not simply add the accessibility configurations in GDM before login?
We could simply have a button [Normal login] [login with accessibility
enabled and remember I always want accessibility in the future]. Like
that we don't have to restart all applications since it's enabled before
all GTK app gets started.

Xavier.