=?WINDOWS-1252?Q?Re:_Quotation_marks:_Using_=93=94_instead_of_""?=

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:

>> Surely as programmers we can be trusted to know the difference between
>> the cases where a string is destined for the UI and where it is
>> destined for something that is non-UTF8 compatible?
>
> You have an encylopædic knowledge of the internals of every library you
> use ? I thought not.

No, but I'm almost 100% certain that if I put a string with fancy
quotes in a label in glade its not going to be passed to any utf8
incompatible functions.
Which really, is all we're talking about here. Your concerns, while
certainly perfectly valid for a certain domain, do not seem valid to
me at all in the context of what we're discussing and seem to be
somewhat luddite and unhelpful.

iain