Quick question about requirements for [possible future] module maintainers

Module proposing procedure[1] requires an e-mail sent to
desktop-devel-list, which naturally means subscribing to it, so one
can answer any questions raised.

The mailing list is quite active and most of discussions are
irrelevant to the humble soul here.
So I was just wondering, if it is ok to unsubscribe from it now, since
discussions about my proposed module[2] have ended?

Regards,
Toms
P.S.  I hope this question will not be confused with unwillingness to
be part of community or something - i'm keeping myself informed via
planets'n'such

[1] http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing
[2] That would be project hamster - http://projecthamster.wordpress.com/