Re: Quotation marks: Using =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=9C=E2=80=9D?= instead of ""

Le samedi 14 juin 2008 à 01:06 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 18:01 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> > Alan Cox wrote:
> > > GTK/Glib are not the biggest problem here. You also use C library
> > > functions in Gnome applications. Glib/Gtk+ works with the C library in C
> > > locale simply because ASCII is a subset of UTF-8. That ceases to work the
> > > moment you introduce UTF-8 bytesequences into non utf-8 locales.
> >
> > Are there actually legitimate reasons for anyone to ever use a non-UTF-8
> > locale these days?
>
> Other than legacy, and wanting to find bugs in programs? Probably not...

Well, you need to discuss that with Chinese / Japanese and some Russian
people ;)

Non-UTF8 locales are still pretty common there.

And I'm also thinking to people who upgraded their system from non-UTF8
locale system and don't want to see their file names become scrambled,
because of the locale changes..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva