Re: Using vala in GNOME

Interesting. That's a very valid concern.

Although this is a decidedly different case. Vala is used to generate C
code for parts of seahorse. This C code is then checked into the
repository, and included in the tarballs, so that people can build it
without vala.

Said another way, the idea is that this won't affect the build process
of GNOME in any way.

In addition Vala API stability is only about 3 months from stable:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/RoadMap

But again this isn't being used as a dependency. It's being used as a
tool for quickly generating tedious GObject C code.

Cheers,

Stef Walter