Re: Any proposal for a small HCI-related university project?

Hi Luca,

It's not strictly in GNOME, but improving song renaming in the
PyGtk-based Exaile music player is badly needed and shouldn't be too
hard to do (all the code is already there). Something with the potential
of Amarok but the ease of use of other players.

You should probably research how this is done in at least 7-8 different
players, like Amarok, Quod Libet, BMPx, Rhythmbox, iTunes, etc... and
invent something better, taking in account the needs of users that have
to re-organize large libraries with ease.

If you tackle it, remember subscribing the proper bug[1] and contacting
Adam Olsen[2] to warn him you're working on it, so not to duplicate the
effort. You may want also to join the dev team if you get results.

Branching it and preparing a couple of patches should be fairly easy. If
you make it, yours is the glory :-).

Anyway, "official" GNOME projects have some priority, so please evaluate
any other proposal before this ;-).

Other ideas, anyone?

Cheers,
Matteo