Re: GNOME 2.23 Schedule

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 20:16 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:

> 6. Speed Up Ubuntu-Gnome boot time <- don't we all want that?

People have been working on this on and off.  It is never a priority for
distro makers, though, and once they do some optimizations, they never
leave some infrastructure in place to ensure that boot time will not
degrade in the future.

> 7. Improve dual-screen function <- xrandr is cool but not user-friendly enough

You may want to join into the upcoming openSUSE bug week for multiscreen
bugs:

http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Multiscreen

I'll announce this in less than two weeks.

> 8. Unmount resolution <- lsof and kill help, but so would a GUI

This is a suggested project for the Summer of Code:

http://en.opensuse.org/Summer_of_Code_2008#Reliable_unmounting_of_removable_media

> 10. Easy mounting of Images like ISO and CUE

This seems to be in the process of being included, thanks to GVFS.

  Federico