Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 19:32 +0100, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 26.03.2008, 19:13 +0100 schrieb Xavier Claessens:
> > Did I forgot something?
> > Xavier Claessens.
>
> Missing password security. And absolute no-go in the current shape.

Hi.

As an outside developer who very much wants to use Empathy in his
program, but also wants to rest assured that it will be widely available
and supported and used first[1], I have to say that I don't find your
attitude here at all helpful. What's the benefit here to being overtly
confrontational?

If you have issues with the Empathy codebase - and it certainly seems
that you do - *please* try to bring them up in a civil manner, so that
they can be discussed and resolved. Otherwise, all you're doing is
inciting flamewars, which helps no one and keeps the real issues from
being addressed.

Thanks!
Ethan

1: IM is one of the areas that pretty much requires user input to be
usable, so if I rely upon it in my application when most of my users end
up using Pidgin or whatever, I'll end up with a feature that's useless
to my audience.