Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

27 mar 2008 kl. 13.21 skrev Murray Cumming:
On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 10:37 +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

Hi,

Still I see no actual reasons for Imendio not wanting to relicense its
parts of Empathy to LGPL.

There are several sensible reasons that you _might_ have for this. But
you haven't even hinted at them. Instead you've been rude and abrupt,
repeatedly. This gives the impression that Imendio has some personal
disagreement with Empathy's maintainer and finds it more important to
make his life difficult than to advance the GNOME platform. And this
disagreement appears to be based on some minor procedural disagreement
over who should have done what when. It looks like Imendio is being
petty.

If this continues then we need to identify the relevant code and
reimplement it, with all the frustration that would cause.

Again, Imendio is a company, it doesn't have personal disagreements. The opinions that various people have expressed here are their personal and not that of a company.

This thread is not the right place to discuss a possible relicense of Gossip code. If the Empathy developers really care to advance that discussion I suggest they invite for the discussion with the Gossip developers elsewhere. This is the same thing that was raised last time we had this discussion, since then there have been no such attempts that I am aware off.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com