Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com> wrote:
>>  Currently there are 22 files which either have or should have my/Gossip
>>  copyright information in libempathy alone. There are 43 source files. So
>>  half of libempathy is not copyright to you to re-license.

Actually, I recounted the files and "22" is slightly incorrect since I
included ALL the files missing licensing information.

> So you are basically saying "I'm -1 because of relicensing problems
> that I'm causing myself?"

Yes, effectively.

As for "relicensing problems that I'm causing myself", I am FULLY at
liberty to do this. It is/was my free time, my decision to use this
license and my decision to maintain this license for *my contributions*.
It is not ultimately down to just me either, I did not write this
project completely on my own remember.

I am merely pointing out where licensing is currently incorrectly stated
(which others asked for in this thread) and also that the problem is not
JUST about relicensing libempathy-gtk, but also libempathy.

> Please point the rest of us to the
> discussion where Imendio/Gossip staff gives their reasons against
> LGPL.

Google is your friend :)

This was partly discussed on IRC with Xavier IIRC and also covered here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00554.html

--
Regards,
Martyn