Re: new module proposal: brasero

2008/11/3 Philippe Rouquier <rouquier p wanadoo fr>:
> So in the above example when a user inserts a blank disc, the nautilus
> dialog box "What should we do with this?" pops up and offers the possibility
> to "Burn the disc with brasero". If that option is chosen, then brasero
> opens a new data project and the user can add files as he does in nautilus.

Agreed but I'd vote for dropping the branding ("with Brasero"). If we
aim for integration, the application names are only relevant for
packagers and developers.

> One advantage I see with brasero is that the user can have a GtkFileChooser
> next to his project or and "Add" button which is a lot handier than in
> nautilus when he wants to pick files.  With NCB, once the CD creator window
> is open, it's probably empty which means that the user will have to go
> somewhere else to pick files and go back afterwards to the CD creator. It
> means going back and forth between the source folder and the CD creator
> window. A new user can get confused to be presented an empty selection
> without any clue to tell him how to fill it. IMO I don't think this is
> really straightforward.

Sure but keep the file browser pane hidden by default (unless the user
enabled it earlier). I can imagine most of the users want to drag the
files they just downloaded from the desktop.

> If the disc has data on it the copy medium desktop file will be used with
> the string (not exactly this one since I don't have it in mind)  "Copy the
> disc with Brasero", and so on.
>
> I've just realized, that two other desktop files are missing for the latter
> case, which is "Blank with Brasero" and "Verify integrity with Brasero". But
> that can be done.

Same comment about "with Brasero" applies.

--
Patryk Zawadzki