Re: new module proposal: brasero

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 13:33 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mercredi 05 novembre 2008 à 12:48 +0100, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> > If so, there is no UI for this, in example a "Blank Disc" entry in
> > Nautilus context menu for inserted disc, isn't it?
>
> No, but it proposes to blank the disk at the time of burning if
> appropriate.
>
> > > What exactly can the brasero front-end do that n-c-b cannot? Shouldn’t
> > > it be something that we could add to the n-c-b burn dialog?
> >
> > Josselin, I was speaking about "frontend", i.e. provide to the end user
> > both this[1] and this[2] UIs to collect data to burn.
>
> Yes, I understood that, and I believe the brasero frontend made some bad
> UI choices.

Bad choices ? Like adding new features and provide a easy UI to users ?
Just don't say it's bad choices help us improve that!

> If we change our burning software so radically, I’d like to see
> radically new features as well. Currently I only see a radically worse
> UI.
>
> Don’t get me wrong: I love to see people working on improving our CD
> burning suite. But thinking of it as a standalone application, à la
> Nero, is a regression.

Again... is any regression provide a standalone application that makes
users do whatever they want when they want to burn a cd/dvd ?
I feel that most of the people here don't actually use Brasero and don't
know how can this application improve GNOME desktop overall.