Re: new module proposal: notification-daemon+libnotify

Le jeudi 06 novembre 2008, à 10:57 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> I don't know how busy Christian is.
>
> But even if he is too busy to propose the module himself, I think it
> is time for us to be honest about the fact that it is pretty much
> impossible to use the desktop without notification-daemon nowadays.
> Many components rely on the ability to notify users in this way and
> are severely reduced in functionality if the notification service is
> not available.
>
> Sure, the implementation may not be ideal, and in an ideal world, it
> would not have its own little theming island and would maybe just be
> part of the desktop shell,
> but we don't live in that world (yet ?).

I'm more worried about the fact that there has been no release since
early 2007 (if I'm not mistaken), and so distro are currently shipping
it with patches. Maybe we can just import the module in GNOME svn and
fix stuff there?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.