Re: new module proposal: notification-daemon+libnotify

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 15:30 -0500, Willie Walker wrote:
> >> it looks nice, but where would immediate-action-required notifications
> >> be shown? Things like 'your battery is about to die'?
> >
> > Stay-on-top, non-focus-stealing dialogues without any close button. Goes
> > away when you plug your laptop into the mains.
>
> Heh - these are the kinds of dialogs I want to assassinate when I'm
> giving a presentation.

That's the kind of dialogues that are accessible and give you just the
right amount of annoyance to make sure you get rid of them. This is for
"I'm about to shut down if you don't do anything right now", not for
"battery's only got 20 minutes of life left".

I think we could get rid of most of our notification popups if only the
icons they belonged to were always at the same location (meaning that
checking the battery would only be a glance away, not a hard-look and a
stare away as it currently is).