Re: External dependencies, DeviceKit-power and GNOME Power Manager

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> hi;
>
> while I really love DeviceKit, there are a couple of questions I'd like
> to have an answer:
>
> On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 18:25 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
>> DeviceKit-power and DeviceKit-disks just depend on the trivial DeviceKit
>> daemon which is a thin dbus wrapper around udev.
>
> while DeviceKit has seen at least one release, has there been a release
> of DeviceKit-power?

You can find DeviceKit and DeviceKit-power releases at
http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/

> (thinly veiled self-interest: when is DeviceKit-disks going to be
> released, so we can dump gfloppy and use DK-disks that instead?)

I don't think there has been a proper DeviceKit-disks release yet.
The current plan is to have a solid DeviceKit-disks release together
with a gvfs backend and various other necessary bits of porting
by next spring. But the snapshots of DK-disks and gnome-disk-utility
that we currently ship in Fedora work fine, as far as I can tell.

> is DeviceKit, and DK-power at that, supported by any distro? can I
> compile them on a Debian without distro-specific tweaking, or do I need
> Fedora to have them work properly?

I think the main requirement is a recent udev (>= 130)

Matthias