Re: New module proposal: gnome-user-share

Le jeudi 23 octobre 2008 à 17:02 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> A point Patryk touched is that generic distributions will provide
> Apache packages configured to run at startup, so it is not just a
> matter of binary size.
>
> What do distributors think?

I think we could split the web server package in two. One package would
contain the binary, that would be available for things like
gnome-user-share. The other would contain the system-wide configuration
and the service.

I also think that Apache is a bad choice. If you need a good web server
with DAV support, please think of lighttpd instead, or - much better -
of a libsoup-based implementation.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.