Re: New module proposal: gnome-user-share

On Solaris, apache daemon is disabled by default aswell.

Matt

Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 24 octobre 2008, à 14:38 +0200, Frederic Peters a écrit :
Bastien already wrote about Fedora policy, httpd is disabled by
default.  I know that Debian policy is to consider that the user
installing a server wants it to be started.  From what I read of
Patryk, PLD Linux also starts Apache on installation.  What about
others ?  I guess Red Hat is like Fedora, and Ubuntu is like Debian,
but what about SuSE ?

I guess you meant openSUSE ;-)

Based on http://en.opensuse.org/Apache_Quickstart_HOWTO, my guess would
be that apache is not running by default when it's installed.

Vincent