Re: New module proposal: gnome-user-share

Le jeudi 23 octobre 2008 à 18:22 +0200, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> Yeah, I have the same problem with Glom's dependency on PostgreSQL.
> Debian/Ubuntu users get an unused PostgreSQL instance even when Glom
> isn't running, just because its Debian policy to run any services that
> are installed, with no apparent way for the package to request anything
> different. I think it's a bad policy.

If it’s really necessary for Glom to have the PostgreSQL binaries around
(which seems strange when there are alternatives such as SQLite), we
will simply split the postgresql packages in two, one with the binaries
and one providing the service. Not a big issue.

--
 .''`.