Re: Prototyping the next generation panel?

On 28 Oct 2008, at 16:00, Vincent Untz wrote:

Don't know if you read Owen's post, which talks about how this could be
implemented:
http://blog.fishsoup.net/2008/10/22/implementing-the-next-gnome-shell/

I guess we'll have stuff in a svn module as soon as there's proper code
to show :-)

Cart, meet horse...

How about we start as we hopefully mean to go on, by usability testing mockups of some alternative shell/panel designs first, to figure out if we're heading off in roughly the right direction before we even think about committing anything to code? (If those initial investigations have already been done, can we see the results somewhere?)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team