Re: DVCS

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
>> > If I'd enable property setting you could just do a svn sync. The reason
>> > you can't is that I don't trust it. You could change svn:author etc for
>> > any revision. I don't like it... such changes could be mailed and so on,
>> > but I don't think people will notice. Meaning: affects security.
>>
>>   Thanks for the explanation but i am missing your point here?
>
> With svn sync you could import a dump with history to GNOME yourself, if
> I'd enable that.

   I understood that but was politely trying to say that this isn't
relevant if you don't allow it. But now i understand the relevance
after reading your explanation.

>> > correct
>> > timestamps, etc.
>>
>>   Yikes! I didn't notice that one. :(
>
> It can be reimported if you want.

  OK, then please make it so. :) Just of my info, would you be able to
retain the few (1-3) new (not imported from o-hand svn) commits? I
need to know this so i keep them somewhere and commit them after
you've done your magic.

> Regarding not responding: I was a bit busy with other stuff (movie, DoS,
> SVN repos format stuff, etc), so it didn't make sense responding if I
> can't give an estimate. After that I forgot.

  NP! I wasn't blaming you for that, was just explaining why i did
what i did. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali Khattak