Re: Application names

Le lundi 10 août 2009, à 09:03 -0400, William Jon McCann a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Vincent Untz<vuntz gnome org> wrote:

[need to think about your answer to the first question]

> >  + translators have stated that it's wrong to do "Name - GenericName"
> >   programmatically. So, hrm, why would we not listen to them?
>
> That hasn't been established.  In the xdg-list thread one of the last
> comments from Christian Rose said this:
> "Webbläsare - Epiphany" or "Webbläsare (Epiphany)" is not wrong per
> se, it's just bad language style."

See http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2009-August/msg00072.html
from which I will quote only one expression (please do not trust me and
read the full mail :-)): "orthographically incorrect".

> And I'm not convinced that it is bad style either.  At least, it isn't
> in English.  Here's my reasoning. [...]

Well, what might not be bad style in English could be horrible in
another language. Let's not forget this :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.