Re: Signalling when the desktop is loaded

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 14:57 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> Neil, have you seen bug 579574? I left a comment on bug 541262 but I
> wanted to mention it here as well: Moblin uses Nautilus to handle
> automounting but we don't use it to draw the desktop as well, since...
> well, we don't have a "desktop" but a neutral background.

Actually Moblin uses a gnome-settings-daemon to do automounting.  At the
moment it just mounts and then spawns Nautilus, but extending that to do
autorun and so on shouldn't be too hard (mostly taking code from
nautilus).

#585545 has our patches to g-s-d.  The latest suggestion is to split out
nautilus's automount code as a g-s-d module but keep it in the nautilus
source tree.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com