Nautilus drop-down menu with view type

Hi,

I'd like your opinion on a usability concern. Whereas I change the
ordering of elements in nautilus quite a lot (for example, ordering
files by creation date, or by name, or by type...), I almost never
change the type of visualization (icons, list, etc...).

I'd personally prefer to have the quick drop-down menu with the view
type replaced by a drop-down menu with the sorting order in the main
nautilus window, because I find it more useful and accessible there.

However, my usage pattern may differ from that of the majority of users,
so I'm asking you about what you think.

Thanks,
Matteo