python-gmenu and multiple languages

Hello,

Hoping this is the right place for python-gmenu questions... it seemed
to be the only associated mailing list I could find.  I've figured out
how to use the python bindings to navigate the menu system, but when I
get to an individual program, I can't seem to figure out how to access
the multiple languages that exist in the {program}.desktop file (from
the menu spec).  Is it possible with the python-gmenu module to access
languages other than the system language without changing the system
language (for Name, Comment, GenericName, etc)?

I'm hoping to build a simple program launcher that will display
multiple languages simultaneously.  All the info that I need for each
program is in the {program}.desktop file, but I'd much prefer to
access it programatically rather than parsing the text files.  Can
anyone here point me in the right direction?

thanks,
mike