Re: python-gmenu and multiple languages

Hi,

Le samedi 07 février 2009, à 15:20 -0600, miket a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Hoping this is the right place for python-gmenu questions... it seemed
> to be the only associated mailing list I could find.  I've figured out
> how to use the python bindings to navigate the menu system, but when I
> get to an individual program, I can't seem to figure out how to access
> the multiple languages that exist in the {program}.desktop file (from
> the menu spec).  Is it possible with the python-gmenu module to access
> languages other than the system language without changing the system
> language (for Name, Comment, GenericName, etc)?
>
> I'm hoping to build a simple program launcher that will display
> multiple languages simultaneously.  All the info that I need for each
> program is in the {program}.desktop file, but I'd much prefer to
> access it programatically rather than parsing the text files.  Can
> anyone here point me in the right direction?

In C, you would open the desktop file with the GKeyFile API if you want
to do more than what the gnome-menus API offers.

In python, it's similar, except that I think the GKeyFile API is not
available in the bindings. But you have the ConfigParser stuff, iirc.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.