Re: Help with strings for "solution" for desktop file "virus" problem

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 16:42 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 20 février 2009, à 15:21 +0000, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> > So, there has been a lot of attention on the internets recently about
> > the the desktop file "virus" issue.
>
> /me hadn't noticed. But there were a few threads on xdg about it. Might
> be worth to propose the solution there, so that it gets implemented
> everywhere.

KDE is doing something similar.

> > Currently the Dialog says:
> >
> >  Untrusted application launcher
> >  The file %s is an application launcher, but it is not marked trusted.
> >  If you recieved this file from an unknown source or did not expect it
> >  to be an application launcher it may be unsafe to launch.
> >
> >  [_Launch anyway] [Mark as _Trusted] [[Cancel]]
> >
> > I don't feel this is a great wording, but I don't have any better ideas.
> > Maybe some native english speaker could help out?
>
> Does "Mark as Trusted" also launch the application? I think it should
> just be a checkbox, in that case.

It doesn't atm. It just closes the dialog and chmods the file. This will
lead to the file switching icon and display name to whats defined in the
desktop file. It might be a good idea to look at that before launching
it, in case something weird was going on.