Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 03:06:22PM -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> >  How about we set-up a task-force of volunteers who would want to
> > help in the move, each volunteer promising at least 3 hours a week? 3
> > hours is a very small amount of time but I am hoping that we'll be
> > able to gather at least 10 volunteers and together we can do it, even
> > using our spare time.
>
> I can commit that much time as long as there's clear delegation of
> work by--preferably--the sysadmin team. I don't want to sit on a
> committee that does a lot of deciding and no actual doing.

What do you mean with delegation?

Which do you mean: (yes, exaggerating)
 - Hey, do the switch, hopefully it'll work out in the end?
 - Run this command, then this one, then that

I think I said there should be a proposal on how to make a switch. I
don't believe in a carte blanche. Further, I don't think all constraints
and so on will be known beforehand.

--
Regards,
Olav