Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> [0] I'm reasonably sure it has some. not as the one proposed to avoid
> pissing off somebody somewhere because we want to be inclusive -- no,
> lemme rephrase that: we are *fucking afraid of committment*. seriously:
> an abstraction over DVCS? what have we become? are we *ever* going make
> *any* decision about *anything*? this is actually a larger issue with
> the GNOME community: we are being afraid.

Seriously.

If "git via bzr server" had been listed as an option on the survey, I
would have ranked it dead last (after "just bzr", and after "stay with
svn").

It seems pretty clear that the git-over-bzr solution doesn't make the
git users any happier than git-over-svn does, so let's not pretend that
it's any different from doing just bzr. So, given that we seem to have
sysadmin resources to do bzr, but we don't have sysadmin resources to do
git, the question we really need to answer is "do you prefer migrating
to bzr, or sticking with svn?".

-- Dan