Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 17:40:18 -0500 David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
> Then what happens when a new version of git with a new feature,
> incompatible with the git-serve kludge, is released?

	I don't know if you've talked to the git developers, but
they're very firmly against adding any new features to the git server.
It is supposed to do one thing and one thing only, and that's allow you
to clone from it. The server basically consists of a mechanism to
tarball a repository, send it over the wire, and untar it on the client
side.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.