Rawhide / Fedora rant

I'm sure this is nothing new for anyone here, but thought reminding people why it's a pain to develop for Fedora may help. When I updated my laptop couple days ago:

- Audio stopped working (again). Looks like kernel issue (again). Used to work last week.

- X stopped starting. Removing xorg-x11-drv-ati helps, but then there's artifacts on the screen, and I guess it also causes the next issue. arlied says everything should be fixed now, but it's still not in rawhide.

- Firefox stopped starting.  Crashes now with glibc detected buffer overflow.

Some longer-term issues:

- Cannot import photos from my Canon Rebel XSi camera. gvfs-gdu-volume segfaults. Used to work with F10.

- Cannot edit audio. Hard to find a version of audacity in Fedora or RPMFusion that can open *any* file I want to edit.

- Cannot meaningfully edit video. Don't even say "Pitivi". So far mencoder and vim have been the way to go.

Couldn't do more to get in the way of my "creative" activities.

Cheers,
behdad