Re: bug-buddy integration

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 10:21 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:

[Breakpad / Socorro / Crash catcher]
> Which is used in latest version of bug-buddy and known to be broken on
> build.gnome.org because nobody has time to maintain it :(

At one point bug-buddy generated a stack trace and sent it to b.g.o (or
to bugzilla.distro.org as per-distro patches).  With those stack traces,
you were either able to fix the bug, or start diagnosing it, or at least
you could tell the submitter, "please install debuginfo for this
dependency as I need to see what's going on there".

Currently, bug-buddy doesn't send a stack trace, so what it sends is
useless.  In such bug reports, you must always ask the submitter,
"please get a stack trace" with all the trouble that explaining that
entails.

Why don't we just revert to the old version of bug-buddy?  It required
no upstream or downstream maintenance to *keep it working*, that is, to
be producing stack traces automatically.  In the new bug-buddy, the
default is "it doesn't work".

  Federico