Re: bug-buddy integration

Am Freitag, den 13.03.2009, 15:13 -0600 schrieb Federico Mena Quintero:
> Currently, bug-buddy doesn't send a stack trace

Why do you assume bug-buddy does not send a stacktrace?
My bug-buddy did send a stacktrace a few days ago, otherwise I wouldn't
have been able to submit gnome bug 575009.

> In such bug reports, you must always ask the submitter, "please
> get a stack trace" with all the trouble that explaining that entails.

A stock answer linking to http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces explaining
everything(tm) is just one click away. If that wikipage is unclear
everyone is invited to edit/improve it.

> In the new bug-buddy, the default is "it doesn't work".

I can't second this.
In fact the "new" (whatever that means) bug-buddy has reduced bugsquad
workload by e.g. rejecting many useless traces already before they get
submitted to gnome bugzilla.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed