Re: new dependencies in gvfs

Le lundi 04 mai 2009 à 11:58 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> This "Device-disks is API unstable" might be a hard pill for some
> distributors to swallow, e.g. they would need to rev DeviceKit-disks
> whenever a new GNOME release is out. Which includes revving things using
> DeviceKit-disks as well (it's not unlikely KDE and others will switch to
> DeviceKit-disks at some point).

There are already several fd.o packages that need to be updated this
way, and it turns out to be manageable, since everything using them is
either updated frequently or small enough to be trivially patched.

One thing that would be much appreciated, however, is proper versioning
of the interface. This is not as simple to do over D-Bus as with a
regular library, but if you could at least mark prominently in the NEWS
file which versions extend the protocol and which versions break it, it
would help a lot with managing dependencies and upgrades.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :