Re: New Module Proposal. libseed

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> +1 from me. Robert has been very responsive and his team of minions
> have made changes whenever I've asked.
>
> I think we must have both engines. The JS optimization battle between
> Mozilla and Apple is just now heating up; we cannot wait until the
> battle is over to pick a winner and start working with JavaScript.
>
> Having JS with which we can:
>
> A) attract web developers to our platform with little relearning
> B) interface with myriad JS-driven web-apps-to-desktop-apps; think
> Mozilla Prism, Adobe AIR, HTML5, Google Gears
>
> is critical to our ability to adapt to the web-oriented marketplace.
>
> In summary: we need both engines and we need them in our platform
> sooner rather than later.

I just want to point out that if the gnome-shell developers have any
intention or desire of using Seed in the future this whole "we need
both engines" debate is a bit pointless, since in theory there
wouldn't be any module using gjs in GNOME, and thus moving forward
with Seed would be the only sane choice IMHO. So I think their input
would be quite valuable here.

Xan