Re: New Module Proposal. libseed

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Xan Lopez <xan gnome org> wrote:
> I just want to point out that if the gnome-shell developers have any
> intention or desire of using Seed in the future this whole "we need
> both engines" debate is a bit pointless, since in theory there
> wouldn't be any module using gjs in GNOME, and thus moving forward
> with Seed would be the only sane choice IMHO. So I think their input
> would be quite valuable here.

I was a fly-on-the-wall to such a discussion between Robert and Owen
some months ago and it seemed then that mostly everyone working on G-S
didn't much have any opinion on the matter except for Havoc
Pennington. If I recall correctly, whatever he is doing at his
start-up depends on the features of JS 1.6/1.7 which can only
currently be exposed in GJS.

I have CC'd him. Perhaps he can elaborate.