Re: Moving gdl from Development into Desktop

Hi!

> Is there any reason this functionality couldn't make
> its way into GTK+?

Hmm, I though about answering this question in the proposal...

Well, I think it's not ready for adoption in gtk+ because it's not
widely used. Second, I think it can lead to creating HIG-unfriendly apps
if not used carefully and I think it is only useful for a small number
of applications. Third, I don't think there is a big chance to integrate
such a big codebase in gtk+ regarding the other bigger patches I
submitted to gtk+ (EggToolPalette, GtkNotebook widget-in-tabspace,
etc.).

So, to conclude, I think it's better to have it in Desktop for now and
think about inclusion in gtk+ later for 3.0 or 3.2.

Regards,
Johannes