Re: Appearance properties

> you're missing the point: the option already exists in GConf. all that
> is needed is a UI tweak utility that can be optionally installed.

Not sure I understand the discussion here.  GNOME -had- UI to tweak
this option, and suddenly decided not to support configuring it in the
main desktop.

I actually enjoy most of the new changes (I like the simpler menus),
but I miss being able to change the toolbar style.  The 2.28
text-beside is nice, but I prefer the old text-under.  Is that really
such a forbidden use case?