Re: Appearance properties

2009/11/10 Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Xavier Claessens <xclaesse gmail com> wrote:
>> What I find totally insane is to not leave the UI to change that. New
>> settings is clearly not accepted by a large (majority?) part of users.
>> Except ~5 devs, I see nobody happy with it.
>
> Um, it doesn't work that way. I'm happy with it but I'm not compelled
> to post about it. My girlfriend is either happy about it or she
> doesn't give a damn, she didn't post about it either. It always seems
> as if the majority was unhappy as the unhappy ones are generally the
> only people who write.

So because there are maybe majority of happy (and ignorant) users, we
will ignore rather loud opposition to this change? Really nice way to
deal with community.

And no one asks to revert. I was ok about lack of icons till there was
easy to find and easy to use option to turn it back. No there are
plans to eliminate this option. Smells like pushing a change no matter
others think.

Google for 'PulseAudio Hate' and then maybe try to understand what
dangerous road have GNOME project taken last two releases. We don't
that luxury to waste users just because we think what we do is
technically right.

Cheers,
Peter.