Re: Backup

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Michael Terry <mike mterry name> wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>:
>> Usually what is best is for you to make an official proposal and
>> explain why you think your module should be included in GNOME
>> releases - personally I think if we dont have any backup mechanism
>> I would probably give it a thumbs up.
>
> Fair enough, and I would be willing to go through that process for my
> own pet project, but I was interested in taking the temperature.  My
> own project may not necessarily be the best fit (though of course I
> think it's the best thing since sliced bread).
>
> I wanted to make a 'fill-in-the-blank backup module proposal'.  Unless
> such a discussion would best take place in the context of a concrete
> module proposal?

Personally I think that would be more effective; your proposal could
very well (as it often does) inspire other proposals - but as its a volunteer
project we really need your input as maintainers, we also cant assume
that maintainers of said modules want to follow the GNOME release cycles.

Cheers,
      -Tristan