Re: Backup

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Michael Terry <mike mterry name> wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>:
>> Usually what is best is for you to make an official proposal and
>> explain why you think your module should be included in GNOME
>> releases - personally I think if we dont have any backup mechanism
>> I would probably give it a thumbs up.
>
> Fair enough, and I would be willing to go through that process for my
> own pet project, but I was interested in taking the temperature.  My
> own project may not necessarily be the best fit (though of course I
> think it's the best thing since sliced bread).

If you intend to propose your app for 2.32 (aka 3.0), note that the
proposal period has not yet opened, but you can get a head start by
trying to follow the GNOME release schedule, and potentially migrating
your code and bug tracking from launchpad to gnome.org.
Infrastructure things like this help to reduce some of the hurdles in
module proposals.

Planning your next stable release to synchronize with GNOME 2.28 is
definitely a good idea, along with getting some development releases
out during the 2.27.x cycle.

> I wanted to make a 'fill-in-the-blank backup module proposal'.  Unless
> such a discussion would best take place in the context of a concrete
> module proposal?

Yup, that's usually how it works.  More people become interested in
joining the discussion when there's a specific module proposal.

Sandy