Re: Module proposal: dconf

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 13:12 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mardi 13 octobre 2009, à 00:16 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo a écrit :
> > El lun, 12-10-2009 a las 11:33 -0400, Ryan Lortie escribió:

> > > Pretty please?
> > >

> > No.
> >
> > Diego (who is not even an r-t member but wanted to be part of the fun)
>
> Heh :-)
>
> Ryan is a bit sad to not get feedback on his proposal, so a bit more
> seriously: I think what we probably need is a migration plan. Should we
> move all the code from gconf to dconf in one cycle (if possible)? Should
> apps implement migration for the data in gconf? etc.

I think it makes sense to do the migration for all the apps at once.
Also, the migration from gconf can be done directly from dconf, the
first time it starts, or even it could be clever enough to synchronize
changes from gconf every time it starts, to cover apps that migrate to
dconf later. That would remove the apps' responsibility to do the
migration, which would be a lot of code to have that in all
applications.

And yes, I support the move from gconf to dconf! :)