Re: Module proposal: dconf

Hi!

> Ryan is a bit sad to not get feedback on his proposal, so a bit more
> seriously: I think what we probably need is a migration plan. Should we
> move all the code from gconf to dconf in one cycle (if possible)? Should
> apps implement migration for the data in gconf? etc.

I think the migration part is much more important to discuss than the
actual porting. And I don't think it would be a good idea to handle the
migration of keys inside applications because on the one hand they would
need to link against both gconf and GSettings and on the other hand this
will be a giant code duplication.

But in general I would really like to dconf for 3.0.

Regards,
Johannes