Re: Module proposal: dconf

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 10:07 -0400, Ryan Lortie wrote:

>   - GConf (and GSettings) are not used to store "important" things like
>     emails, bookmarks, contacts, cookies, passwords, ...

I wouldn't be this sure; passwords usually aren't stored there, but e.g.
mail accounts could be stored there, and I am pretty sure very few
non-technical users know how to reconfigure their mail client on their
own, and there could also be other similar examples.
FWIW, I kind of like the migration path overview Josselin drafted in a
previous mail. Anyway, we'd really need something like that.

Cheers,

Cosimo