Re: Module proposal: dconf

Le mardi 13 octobre 2009 à 23:06 +0200, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> 2009/10/13 Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>:
> >> Ryan is a bit sad to not get feedback on his proposal, so a bit more
> >> seriously: I think what we probably need is a migration plan. Should we
> >> move all the code from gconf to dconf in one cycle (if possible)? Should
> >> apps implement migration for the data in gconf? etc.
> >>
> > I think it makes sense to do the migration for all the apps at once.
>
> Are we speking about:
>   a) all GNOME Desktop applications
>   b) all applications hosted on git.gnome.org
>   c) all GNOME/GTK+ apps using GConf :)
>
> ??
>
> Serius: what's the plan for thirdy part applications?

I guess gconf is going to be unmaintained and deprecated for GNOME. It
is already largely unmaintained AFAIK. So use gconf at your own risk, or
switch to dconf to be sure you are using maintained code that will get
fixes.

So this apply at least to all GNOME desktop applications, but really
should be followed by any app using gconf IMO.